Philadelphia International Airport often referred to just by its airport code PHL, is a major airport in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States and is the largest airport in the Delaware Valley region and in the state. Being said, there are variety of available airport jobs in Philadelphia, PA and positions can be found at all levels including security staff, air traffic controllers, management, concession workers, airport screeners, flight attendants and pilots. Most airport jobs in Philadelphia offer their employees the distinctive benefit of airfare at a reduced price or even free of charge. With research and preparation, you will be better prepared to start your search of PA Airport Jobs & employment. Here are the steps below on how to find an airport career job.
• Evaluate yourself as to what types of Airport Jobs in Philadelphia, PA you are interested in. Review job descriptions and requirements of those airport career jobs that you plan on applying for.
• Know that most Airport Jobs in Philadelphia are customer service oriented and involve contact with those that are travelling and using airport services. Though some jobs involve frequent, daily travel such as flight attendants and pilots.
• Present skills, abilities and education assessment. This is to determine if you have what it takes such as the experience and education to meet the job requirements before applying. Majority of airport Jobs in Philadelphia require a high school diploma.
• Look into you work history and background as most airport career jobs now require more rigorous checks since the 9/11 attacks. Physical strength are required for some positions such as baggage handlers.
• Check out websites of several online job boards as well as those airlines that you are interested in working for. This is to know if they have job postings. You can also browse through the specialty websites that focus on airline industry. Did you know that many sites offer resources and services for those interested in airport jobs that includes detailed information such as salary, education and training.
• Take the time to update your resume so that the final product looks well written and organized. Make your resume airport job oriented as to what type of position you are applying for. If you need help on making your resume great, there are many books, ebooks and websites that could help you such as Resumerocket.com.
• Gather solid and reliable resources to include during the job hunting process for an airport career job. These references should be professional in nature and not from a family member or close friend.
• Make a list of all the companies and positions that you will be sending applications and resumes to. This will help you make your job search and preparation more efficient and organized.
• Once you have the list of the companies and positions, complete the airport career applications, resumes and cover letters the traditional way via post mail. If a potential employer offers you the option of faxing or emailing the documents then select the best possible method to meet your needs.
• Provide your interviewer with a prompt thank you note following any interviews that you may have. Doing so will portray you in more professional manner and may increase your chances of getting an offer for an airport career job.
One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation. There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work and learning from failure. Opportunities are going to knock your door sooner or later but are you prepared to answer that?